Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Limited respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website and follow this privacy statement. However, we did not review any other website linked to this website and do not represent the linked site regarding privacy matters. In this website, the term "Pfizer" is used to refer to Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Limited. In the terms and conditions which follow, the terms "we", "us" and "our" are used to refer to Pfizer.
Your Personal Information
We respect the privacy rights of users of this website. No personal information is required to access this website but where personal information is required to be submitted for certain purposes stated in this website, you agree and are required to enter true and accurate information. All personal data collected by us on this website shall be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement. In this website, we may collect and store information from you that you voluntarily choose to give us on our website. In these instances, we will inform you the purposes of collecting the personal information and we shall obtain you consent before collecting the information from you.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your Name;
- Your Email Address/Phone Number;
- The Time and Date of your visit;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to a service we provide, posting material on our Site, requesting further services, entering a competition or promotion, making an order, requesting information from us, submitting comments;
- we may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses And Cookies
We may collect data from you by using “cookies”, which are certain bits of information deposited by this website on a visitor's computer. Cookies are sent back only to the website servers that deposited them when a visitor returns to that site. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website features.
Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Cookies can tell us how and when pages in a website are visited and by how many people. With the information we receive through this technology, we hope to improve our sites. In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, such as your IP address and domain name. We may use this information to customize our offerings, to make information more readily accessible to you, and the website easier for you to use.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalise out websites and to track your usage across other Pfizer websites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based emails.
Pfizer respects the confidentiality of personal information. Only Pfizer, organizations working with Pfizer in the administration of the above information, and Pfizer group companies will have access to your information. We may use third party processors to conduct research, process data or maintain our website, content, or programmes on our behalf, but your information will not be disclosed to any other third parties such as outside mailing organizations. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information by a court order or to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Limitations On The Collection, Use And Disclosure Of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Pfizer collects personal information from this website, Pfizer will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices;
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information only with your consent, which may be express or implied (the type of consent required will be dependent on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors);
- collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information collected will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- use your personal information to respond to your inquiries and provide the products and services you request. We also use your information to deliver the content and services we believe you will find the most relevant. In addition, we may use personal identifiers to recognize you when you arrive at the site via an external link, e.g. an email Pfizer has presented to you. For further information, please refer to section IP Addresses And Cookies.
- use the information you provide to better understand how our products and services impact you and those you care for, to track and respond to safety concerns and to further develop and improve our products and services. For example, you may be invited to participate in a survey relating to our products or services. In addition, we use the information you provide to comply with our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations including those related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety.
- store your personal information to enable us to address your enquiry, complaint or other matters that you have raised, and to document our response. Your information will only be used for this purpose, unless required for legal proceedings. If reporting an adverse event, the information provided will be used in order to meet our regulatory requirements relating to the safety of our medicines. It may be necessary to share your personal information with Pfizer affiliates, Contract Service Providers and regulatory authorities located both within and outside of your home country.
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you have given express permission for such use;
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers between separate Pfizer group companies;
- only retain the personal information collected as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law;
- store all personal information on a secure server, which is password protected and is also shielded from the outside world by a firewall (which is a method for keeping a network secure).
Links To Third Party Sites
As a resource to our visitors, Pfizer provides links to other web sites. Pfizer is not involved in any way in operating the third party web sites and has no liability or responsibility for the content of these third party web sites. Pfizer does not endorse, sponsor, recommend or make any representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the information contained on such third party web sites (including without limitation, their accuracy, their completeness, non-infringement of proprietary or intellectual property rights) or that such third party web sites or the servers on which they are hosted are free from computer viruses or other harmful programs or software. Pfizer does not take responsibility for the data policies, procedures, terms and conditions or the content of such linked web sites and in particular Pfizer is not responsible for non-compliance by the web site users of any such data policies, procedures or terms and conditions.
Disclosure Of Your Data
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your Data to third parties:
- if Pfizer, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your Data held by it may be one of the transferred assets;
Security Of Your Data
We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organisation. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes To Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our Site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
When you contact us, please note the details of the website or other online resource to which you are inquiring, as well as the nature of the information about which you are inquiring. We will promptly reply to your requests, questions or concerns regarding our use of your personal information. Except where required by law, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Limited may not reply to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this statement or our privacy practices. This information is intended only for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region residents and this website shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong.